The LeapReader Learn to Read Book Set, Volume 3 is the perfect set of books to discover the world of consonant blends and digraphs through stories. The set comes with seven books which cover a unique consonant blend or digraph. Touch the LeapReader pen to the page to hear words sounded out, spoken, and spelled to improve word-blending skills and reinforce the connection between letters. Reinforce letter recognition ? especially consonants, QU, and CK blends and the digraphs ch, sh, th, and wh.
?Around the Block? features QU/CK patterns and blends (qu, ck, bl, st)
?Leap?s Snack? features final blends and CK pattern (nd, nk, nt, ck)
?Look at Della Duck? features initial blends and CK pattern (cl, fl, tr, ck)
?A Day on the Ranch? features consonant digraphs (ch)
?At the Shore? features consonant digraphs (sh)
?That Was That!? features consonant digraphs (th). ?What Do You Do?? features consonant digraphs (wh)
The Leapfrog LeapReader Learn to Read, Volume 3 Book Set works with Tag Reading System and LeapReader Reading & Writing System (sold separately). Explore all of the fun and educational LeapReader book sets: Book set 1: Short Vowels. Book Set 2: Long Vowels, Silent E & Y. Book Set 3: Consonants. Book Set 4: Advanced Vowels. The Early Reading Series is designed to build core phonics skills and support children as they proceed at their own pace toward independent reading. The Early Reading Series is recommended for children ages 4-6 years old.
- Consonant blends: Children learn to sound out words that contain consonant blends or clusters (plum, street, fast).
- Consonant digraphs: Children learn to sound out words that contain consonant digraphs (chop, fish).
- QU and CK Patterns: Children learn to sound out words that contain qu and ck patterns (queen, back).
- Word recognition: With repeated exposure to commonly used words, word recognition grows and becomes more automatic.
- Reading basics: To read independently, children must understand the relationship between the sounds in spoken words and the letters that represent those sounds.
In The Box
One Unit Of LeapFrog LeapReader Learn to Read, Volume 3 (works with Tag)