Herbal Calcium* - 100 Capsules - 500 mg.
Calcium is the most abundant and most important mineral in the body, but it is also the mineral most likely to be deficient in the average diet. About 99% of the calcium is in the bones and teeth. The remaining 1% circulates in bloodstream, where it performs a variety of important functions. It helps to contract muscles and regulate the contractions of the heart. Calcium also plays a role in the transmission of nerve impulses and in the clotting of blood. It also regulates the secretion of various hormones and aids in the functioning of various enzymes within the body. When there is insufficient calcium there are hormones that rob calcium from the bones to maintain sufficient calcium levels in the vascular system. The result of a mild insufficiency over the long term may be thinning bones or the softening of body tissue.
There are many things we eat daily that deplete our bodies of calcium; aspirin, chocolate, high animal protein diet and table salt. Stress and lack of exercise can also contribute to depletion. Sugar, in one form or another, is a mainstay in many diets. The body cannot use refined sugars and starches because the natural calcium in sugar is removed when it is processed. When we take these types of sugars into the body, it draws calcium out of the body to remake its chemical form before it can be used.
Eating foods rich in calcium is one way to get the right kind of calcium into the body. Carrot juice and green veggies are a good source, and the darker the veggies the more calcium they contain.
Many herbs also are high in calcium, some have up to ten compounds we know of, and probably more. In Grandma's Herbs HERBAL CALCIUM we have sought out the herbs with the highest amounts of calcium compounds and put them into one formula. By combining different herbs we get a broader spectrum of calcium, which helps the body to assimilate the calcium.
Recommendation: 2 or 3 Capsules twice a day.