Carrier Strike Force
continues the excitement of aircraft carrier operations. You"ll take the seat on board new aircraft and fly from three new carriers. On board the Charles de Gaulle, the powerful catapult gets your mighty Rafale M airborne in just a few hundred feet. And during recovery, you"ll want your tailhook to catch the steel cable to bring your muscular aircraft to a screeching halt. Fly the new F-35, JSF, and the Harrier in vertical flight from the HMS Illustrious and USS Bonhomme Richard.
For this add-on you"ll have new military equipment:
- USS Bonhomme Richard
- French Charles de Gaulle
- British HMS Illustrious
- F-35C Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter
- AV-8B II Plus Harrier
- Rafale M
Carrier Strike Force
- FSX - moving carrier - you"ll take off and land from a moving surface
- FSX - super-accurate launch and recovery using 3WireX technology
- FSX - five great missions and six open-ended mini training missions
- FSX - maverick missile
- Aircraft Carriers - USS Bonhomme Richard, HMS Illustrious, Charles de Gaulle
incorporates the same new technology found in our bestselling Flight Deck 5 package. You"ll operate from moving aircraft carriers with super accurate catapult launch and recovery system*. You"ll experience the thrill of authentic deck operations with AI traffic on and above the carrier. You"ll see why cable recovery on the short flight deck is both thrilling and nerve-wracking.
With five previous releases of our world-renown Flight Deck Series we have the know-how and experience to bring you the excitement of aircraft carrier-based flight.
* Moving carrier, catapult/recovery operations using 3WireX, missions and mini-missions available for FSX only; Static carrier, simplified catapult/recovery operations, and 200 pre-saved flights for FS2004.
It"s launch time on the Charles de Gaulle.
Taxi into position over the catapult. The launch team connects you. The steam is flowing and the catapult armed.
Shove the throttles forward. Release the brakes. The catapult slams you to the back of your seat.
Returning to the Charles de Gaulle, you"ll descend, fly past the carrier, turn a quick base, and lower your flaps.
Quickly lose some speed and then turn final to line up with the deck.
Drop your gear and tailhook. Don"t lose too much height. The LSO gives you the green. Hold steady. Over the edge hit the deck and give it full power.
Exciting Carrier Missions:
Fly these exciting FSX missions
All missions are top quality--just like our highly regarded Mission Series (Mission: Blackhawk and Mission: Combat Force) and Flight Deck 5 add-ons. They feature exciting action and narration.
- Mig Crisis: you"re on maneuvers in F-35 in the north pacific with the carrier task force when a new break-away rouge state claims territorial waters of your route and sends out 4 Mig aircraft towards the carriers.
- Mig Thunder 1: the Charles de Gaulle carrier is under attack by four unidentified Mig aircraft off of South America.
- Mig Thunder 2: the Charles de Gaulle carrier is under attack by four unidentified Mig aircraft off in the Mediterranean.
- Mig Thunder 3: the Charles de Gaulle carrier is under attack by four unidentified Mig aircraft off of a desert coast of Africa.
- Joint Mission Training: fly the F-35 on maneuvers from the Charles de Gaulle alongside the UK HMS Illustrious and the USS Bonehomme Richard.
- HMS Illustrious Training: joint practice naval amphibious operations with the US navy and Marines at Cape Wrath bombing range.
Practice Missions: These missions are open-ended. You come in for a landing and can fly around and try again if you want. There are no rewards given.
Heads Up Display
- Charles De Gaulle operations in Hawaii
- Charles De Gaulle operations in Indian Ocean
- Charles De Gaulle operations in Philippines
- Charles De Gaulle operations in Suez Cana
- HMS Illustrious operations in New Orleans
- HMS Illustrious operations in the Panama Canal
You can also use the HUD display to guide you on your missions.
Launch and recovery: simplified operation of catapults and cables with steam and sound effects
Aircraft: HUD, tail hook, folding wings, cowl flaps, afterburners, cargo door
Aircraft carrier: navaids, AFD, AI traffic, wake effects
The carriers are positioned near these locations:
- North Pacific
- South America coast
- Africa coast
- Indian Ocean
- Suez Canal
- Panama Canal