Nintendo Gameboy DS Double Screen New And Boxed
NINTENDO DS With its two screens, Nintendo DS instantly shows its innovative face. But capabilities like a touch-screen input, voice recognition and wireless communication set it apart from every other game device, and again demonstrate Nintendo's passion for groundbreaking originality. Game players need only use their imagination to see how the DS promises to transform the portable game industry by changing the way gamers relate to their games - and each other. Two screens offer two perspectives on the action at once. The touch screen could make accessing items, moving characters or navigating menus as easy as a tap or drag on the screen. Voice recognition could let players simply tell the game what they want it to do. Chat software will let users transmit text messages, handwriting and even drawings to one another. And wireless functions could link players in the same room - or across the country. The unique features of the Nintendo DS hold a wellspring of potential for the future.
- Size (closed): 5.85"" wide / 3.33"" long / 1.13"" tall - Upper Screen: Backlit, 3-inch, semitransparent reflective TFT color LCD with 256x192 pixel resolution and .24 mm dot pitch
- Touch Screen: Same as upper screen, but with transparant analog touch screen
- Color: Capable of displaying 260,000 colors
- Wireless Communication: IEEE 802.11 and Nintendo's proprietary format; wireless range is 30 to 100 feet, depending on circumstances; multiple users can play multiplayer games using just one DS game card
- Controls: Touch screen, embedded microphone for voice recognition, A/B/X/Y face buttons, plus control pad, L/R shoulder buttons, Start and Select buttons
- Input/Output: Ports for both Nintendo DS game cards and Game Boy Advance Game Packs, terminals for stereo headphones and microphone
- Other Features: Embedded PictoChat software that allows up to 16 users to chat at once; embedded real-time clock; date, time and alarm; touch-screen calibration
- CPUs: One ARM9 and one ARM7
- Sound: Stereo speakers providing virtual surround sound, depending on the software
- Battery: Lithium ion battery delivering six to 10 hours of play on a four-hour charge, depending on use; power-saving sleep mode; AC adapter
- Languages: English, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Italian
Color: Silver and black
Backward Compatibility: Nintendo DS features a separate media port for Game Boy Advance cartridges. Nintendo DS allows you to play all your favorite Game Boy Advance games in a single-player mode.